Mission, Vision, Values
Who We Are:
Summa Health System’s commitment to its mission, vision and values is deeply rooted in its culture of servant leadership. Across the system, at each hospital, community health center and outpatient facility, you can be assured you receive the highest quality, compassionate care.
We focus on coordinating care and care transitions throughout the clinical enterprise (and with community-based providers and resources) to improve the health status of the communities we serve.
What We Do:
- Provide the highest quality, compassionate care
- Contribute to a healthier community
- Deliver the right care at the right time in the right place for our patients
The mission of Summa Health System is to provide the highest quality, compassionate care to our patients and members and to contribute to a healthier community.
Summa Health System will be recognized as one of the finest healthcare organizations in the United States and will be the preferred provider of healthcare services in our service area.
Our values provide the framework for each of us to support the mission in our day-to-day work by emphasizing the beliefs and attitudes which govern the operations of the System. They are an affirmation of what is most important for the success of our organization and reflect a belief that success is a personal standard compelling us to strive to reach our highest potential as individuals in service to our community.
- We believe in the highest standards of personal and organizational integrity. Honesty and fairness are expected from all of us.
- We believe in preserving a quality, caring organizational environment. Each of us will take responsibility for continuously improving the quality of care and service he or she provides.
- We believe in excellence in leadership throughout the organization. All who lead must also facilitate the efforts of our employees in best serving our patients as well as serve in a mentoring and educating role to support all employees in achieving their full potential.
- We believe in valuing one another. Each of us will value the knowledge, experience and ability of other employees and the contribution that each makes to Summa.
- We believe that we all deserve respect and fair treatment. Each of us will support these fundamental premises by being an example of this positive behavior.
- We believe in open communication. Each of us will continually strive to remove communication barriers. Group participation is encouraged in the resolution of issues.
- We believe in teamwork. We value the participative process and consensus building. It is through cooperation that our greatest successes will be derived.
- We believe in community service. We encourage all of our employees to be good community citizens and seek opportunities of service to others.
- We believe in individuality. We value diversity in experience and perspectives at all levels of our work force. Differing points of view will be sought and respected.
- Summa will, in partnership with our physicians and other caregivers, dedicate appropriate resources to provide high quality healthcare services which preserve and enhance the health and well-being of the citizens of our community.
- Summa will strive to meet the changing medical and social needs of our community by providing or arranging for a full continuum of healthcare services (including preventive services and health education), improving access, advocating that individuals take responsibility for their own health and, when in the best interests of the health of our patients or the health of the community, using a collaborative approach with healthcare related organizations which share our core values.
- Summa will develop a strong partnership with its medical staff by involving physicians as active partners in making decisions, supporting a variety of practice arrangements, maintaining the professional values of the private practice of medicine, aligning performance goals for the medical staff and the System and generating the highest possible levels of physician satisfaction.
- Summa will maintain a leadership position for the education of, and research by, physicians and other health professionals – under both the Allopathic and Osteopathic medical models in collaboration with the Northeast Ohio Medical University, the Centers of Osteopathic Regional Medical Education and the Ohio University College of Osteopathic Medicine.
- Summa will be financially prudent as a steward of community resources by operating in a cost effective fashion, protecting and enhancing existing assets and wisely planning for their future use.
- Summa will engage the community in growing the assets available to Summa to support its mission.
- Summa will provide a working environment that fosters compassionate, patient-focused care, generates the highest levels of patient and employee satisfaction, allows all employees to share in the rewards of the System’s success and encourages all employees to reach their potential as individuals in service to patients and the community.
Download the PDF.