Same-day surgical procedures.
The Medina Surgery Center at Summa Health Center at Lake Medina provides compassionate,
patient-focused, high-quality care all under one roof and close to home. The 11,000-sq.
ft. facility features three full-size operating rooms to make daily outpatient surgical
The Center offers surgical treatments, including minimally invasive and laparoscopic
surgical options, for treating a variety of conditions including the following:
- Breast biopsy
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy (gallbladder)
- Laparoscopic hernia repair
- Open hernia repair
- Port placement
- Dilation & Curettage (D & C)
- Hysteroscopy (uterine fibroids)
- Laparoscopy (endometriosis)
- Tubal ligation
- Uterine ablation
- Blepharophasty (eyelid)
- Canaloplasty (glaucoma)
- Cataract removal, insertion of lens
- Trabeculectomy (glaucoma)
- YAG laser treatment
- Caudal, epidural and lumbar blocks
- Radio frequency ablations (arthritis, tumors)
- Sacroiliac (SI) join injection (back pain)
- Breast reductions
- Carpal tunnel release
- Excisional biopsy
- Reconstruction for cancer-related issues
- Trigger finger release
Meet our team
- Excision neuromas (swollen nerves)
- Extra corporeal shock wave therapy (Plantar Fasciitis)
- Hammer toe correction
The general surgeons at the Medina Surgery Center provide expert surgical care at
our same-day surgery center at Lake Medina, as well as at Summa Barberton and Summa
Nicholas Bisconti, Jr., M.D.
Dean J. Mayors, M.D.
Martin E. Schlueter, M.D.