Summa Health Center at Lake Medina offers outpatient rehabilitation services to residents of Medina and the surrounding communities with convenient access to therapy services from acute injury rehabilitation to preventative wellness.
People with the following conditions can benefit from physical, occupational and speech l therapy at Summa
- Arthritis/degenerative joint disease
- Industrial injuries
- Back and neck pain
- Sports-related injuries
- Hip/knee/shoulder injuries
- Stroke and cardiovascular diagnosis
- Post-operative knee/shoulder/hip/elbow
- Pain and fibromyalgia
- Pelvic floor conditions, including pain and incontinence
- Balance and gait difficulties
- Dizziness and headaches
- Neurological conditions
- Musculoskeletal conditions
- Orthopaedic conditions
Special Programs/Techniques include:
- McKenzie method for spine and extremities
- Vestibular / Falls and Balance Program
- Baclofen Pump Trial and Rehabilitation
- Spasticity Management
- SEED-Safe Effective Exercise for Diabetes Management
- Pelvic floor therapy for incontinence (urinary and fecal); osteoporosis; prenatal and postpartum; and other women’s health conditions
At Summa’s Rehabilitation Services at Lake Medina, a physician’s referral is needed. Most major insurance plans are accepted, including Medicare and workers’ compensation. To schedule a convenient appointment at this location, please call:
Summa Rehabilitation Services
3780 Medina Rd. Ste #250
Medina, OH 44256
Phone: (330) 722-4027
Fax: (330) 722-4305
- Parking is free and close for therapy patients, with convenient early morning and evening appointments.
- Participants experience a customized therapy program to address their individual functional needs and goals.
- A qualified, compassionate, state-licensed staff provides care with emphasis on patient service, privacy and satisfaction.
- Therapists communicate treatment plans, evaluations, as well as regular reassessments and updates regarding patient progress to the referring physician.
- A state-of-the-art, 5,000-square-foot environment supports healing.
Rehabilitation Services have been shown to affect the following:
- Improved flexibility and range of motion
- Pain relief aided by muscle relaxation
- Increased muscle tone
- Improved balance, coordination and posture
- Joint protection
- Adaptation of body mechanics and activities of daily living
- Functional retraining
- Decreased swelling
- Increased endurance
- Improved strength
- Increased circulation