Early Heart Attack Signs & Symptoms
Early Heart Attack Care (EHAC) is:
EHAC Early signs and symptoms of a heart attack are:
- A campaign to educate everyone as to what the early signs and symptoms of a heart attack are in order to prevent a heart attack from occurring, which prevents heart muscle damage.
- A plea to be responsible for yourself and those around you who may have early signs and symptoms of a heart attack. Urge them to seek immediate treatment.
- An education program that concentrates on the benefits of receiving early treatment and activating EMS quickly
How is EHAC different from other programs?
- Feeling of fullness
- Pain that travels down one or both arms
- Shortness of breath
- Back/jaw pain
- Chest pressure, squeezing or discomfort
- These are generally not constant, but intermittent signs and symptoms
- Unlike promotion of the signs and symptoms of an impending heart attack, the EHAC initiative encourages early recognition when symptoms may be mild
- Approximately 50 percent of people experiencing these early symptoms may be able to prevent a heart attack if they receive early treatment before any damage to the heart can occur!!!