Green Smoothie and more
The following recipes are all approved by Summa Health System's JustThis program.
Learn more about the JustThis program.
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 whole banana, fresh or frozen
- 3/4 cup pineapple chunks, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup ice
In a blender, combine spinach, almond milk, banana, pineapple, water and ice. Blend on the highest speed until smooth and creamy.
Organic Baby Spinach Salad with Spring Vegetables & Roasted Radishes
- 1 ½ pounds organic spinach
- 2 zucchini, julienned
- 2 red peppers, julienned
- 10 asparagus tips, blanched
- 3 bunches of radishes, roasted
- ¼ c olive oil, divided
- ¼ teas black pepper
- ½ teas kosher salt, divided
- 2 lemons, juiced
1. Season radishes with 2 Tbsp olive oil, ¼ teas salt, and one juiced lemon.
2. Roast radishes in a baking dish at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
3. Remove from the oven and let them cool.
4. In a large mixing bowl add spinach, zucchini, red pepper, asparagus, and roasted radishes.
5. Toss with remaining lemon juice and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 126; Saturated Fat 1.3g; Trans Fat 0g; Total Sugar 3.2g; Sodium 114mg
Parmesan Roasted Asparagus
- 2 1/2 pounds asparagus, cut wooded ends off
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 teas kosher salt
- 1/4 teas black pepper
- 1/4 c parmesan cheese
- 2 lemon wedges
Wash and trim the asparagus and drain well. Add asparagus to the roasting pan and season with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Mix to coat the asparagus.
Roast in oven at 400 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes.
Remove from oven and place on platter. Sprinkle asparagus with parmesan cheese and squeeze lemon over top before serving.
Calories 53; Total Fat 3.2g; Saturated Fat 0.8g; Trans Fat 0g; Protein 3.2g;
Sugar 2g; Fiber 2.2g; Sodium 143mg