Broccoli with Almond Dressing
Serving Size: 6oz
Primal Blueprint Quick and Easy Meals
1 head of broccoli, cut into florets
1 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
2 Tbsp tahini
3 Tbsp almond butter
½ Tbsp honey
1 Tbsp sesame oil
2 Tbsp tamari soy sauce
¼ teas chili flakes
- Cut broccoli into small florets. Blanch broccoli by boiling it in water for 3 minutes, then put it in an ice bath to stop the cooking process.
- In a mixing bowl add the dressing ingredients and toss well with the broccoli.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 217; Saturated Fat 1.7g; Trans Fat 0g; Total Sugar 5.7g; Sodium 617mg
- Steam your broccoli! When steamed, broccoli has cholesterol-lowering effects due to the fiber which binds to and excretes bile, leading to lower cholesterol. Raw broccoli also has cholesterol-lowering effects, but not as much as steamed broccoli.
- ½ cup (22 calories) of broccoli per day has been shown to reduce cancer risk.
- Tahini is made from crushed sesame seeds. The tahini, along with the sesame oil used in the recipe, makes this food high in polyunsaturated fats. These fats are beneficial for cell growth and development and are extremely heart healthy.
Dietitian Recommendation: Try to include broccoli in your diet at least 2-3 times per week and make your serving size between 1 to 1 ½ cups.