Red Chile Crusted Salmon
1/4 c ancho chili powder
2 Tbsp cumin
1 teas salt
2 teas pepper
2 Tbsp honey
2 1/4 pounds salmon fillet, 6 oz each
1. Add all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix.
2. Lightly brush salmon with olive oil and season with season¬ing mix.
3. In a sauté pan add small amount of olive oil and place sea¬soned side of fish down. Sear until golden brown. Turn fish over and place in oven, 350 degrees, for 8 minutes.
4. Drizzle honey over fish and broil under broiler till honey starts to caramelize.
Calories 261; Total Fat 10.9g; Saturated Fat 1.7g; Trans Fat 0g; Protein 31.7g; Sugar g5.6; Fiber 2.1g; Sodium 469mg
- The American Heart Association recommends eating 2 servings (3.5 oz per serving) of fish (particularly fatty fish) a week. Fatty fish include salmon, mackerel, herring, lake trout, sardines and albacore tuna.
- Salmon has a high omega 3 content, which leads to decreased risk of cardiovascular disease.
- Chili peppers are great for colds, known to help clear conges¬tion and the vitamin helps to boost immunity.
- Chili peppers have been shown to increase metabolism. The hotter the pepper, the more it is increased.
Want to learn how to make more healthy recipes? Join us for a JustThis cooking demo on June 17th at 6 p.m. at Summa Akron City Hospital - Virtue's Restaurant. Cost is $10 for JustThis members and $25 for non-members. Call 330-372-6130 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to RSVP or for more information.