Critical Care Medicine
Akron, Ohio based Summa Health System seeks board certified/board eligible critical care physicians. Summa is nationally renowned and consistently recognized for excellence in patient care and exceptional approaches to healthcare delivery.
Summa Health System is an Integrated Healthcare Delivery System that encompasses:
- Seven owned, affiliated and joint venture hospitals.
- A regional network of ambulatory centers.
- A network of over 1,200 physicians.
- Robust research and innovation endeavors.
- 10,000 employees, nurses and healthcare professionals.
The selected candidate will become a member of Summa Physicians Inc. a multi-specialty group of more than 270 physicians employed by Summa Health System, and will join a well-established group of 11 critical care physicians. Enjoy practicing at Summa Akron City Hospital, a Level I Trauma Center offering neuro-critical care services. Additionally, Summa Akron City Hospital’s Ann & David Brennan Critical Care Center features a state-of-the-art 100 bed critical care tower.
This position offers opportunities for:
- Active involvement in medical student and resident education.
- Academic appointment at Northeast Ohio Medical University available and commensurate with experience.
- Research and innovation available through collaborative efforts with local universities and Austen BioInnovation Institute of Akron.
- Shared call affording exceptional work-life balance.
Requirements include state of Ohio medical licensure and board eligibility or board certification in critical care medicine.
Quickly emerging as the region’s premier destination to work, live, play, shop and dine, Akron has retained its hometown feel while offering big city amenities. Northeast Ohio offers unsurpassed educational and world-class medical facilities, regional and national centers for the arts, top-notch entertainment and professional sports and is surrounded by an extensive array of scenic parks and lakes with year-round activities afforded by a four-season climate. Residents also enjoy affordable housing, and an unparalleled quality of life at a cost-of-living well below that of other major metropolitan areas across the country.
For additional information check out our website at www.summahealth.org or to apply, please contact Jane Hensley, RN, BSN, Physician Recruiter at (330) 375-6207, by e-mail email@example.com, or mail at 525 E. Market Street, Akron, OH 44304.
We are an EOE M/F/D/V and Smoke/Drug Free Workplace.