Akron, OH based Summa Health System is seeking a board certified/board eligible Gynecologic Oncologist. Summa is nationally renowned and consistently recognized for excellence in patient care and exceptional approaches to healthcare delivery.
Summa Health System is an integrated healthcare delivery system that encompasses:
- Seven owned, affiliated, and joint venture hospitals.
- A regional network of over 1,200 physicians.
- Robust research and innovation endeavors.
- 10,000 employees, nurses and healthcare professionals.
The selected candidate will become a member of Summa Physicians Inc. (SPI), a multi-specialty group of 300 physicians employed by Summa Health System. The gynecologic oncology program is one component of Summa’s comprehensive women’s health services led by system medical director Vivian von Gruenigen, M.D. Enjoy practicing in Summa's new Jean and Milton Cooper Cancer Center. The 60,000-square-foot, comprehensive cancer center is located on the Summa Akron City Hospital campus and provides advanced diagnostics, treatment, support and research services all under one roof.
This position offers opportunities for:
- Potential leadership roles, with leadership development programming offered onsite through Summa Health System’s Leadership Institute.
- Partnership within an established two-physician practice allowing for shared call and exceptional work-life balance.
- Active involvement in medical student and resident education. Academic appointment at Northeast Ohio Medical University will commensurate with experience.
- Research and innovation available through collaborative efforts with local universities and Austen BioInnovation Institute of Akron.
Requirements include state of Ohio licensure and board eligibility in gynecologic oncology.
Quickly emerging as the region’s premier destination to work, live, play, shop and dine, Akron has retained its hometown feel while offering big city amenities. Northeast Ohio offers unsurpassed educational and world-class medical facilities, regional and national centers for the arts, top-notch entertainment and professional sports and is surrounded by an extensive array of scenic parks and lakes with year-round activities afforded by a four-season climate. Residents also enjoy affordable housing and an unparalleled quality of life at a cost-of-living well below that of other major metropolitan areas across the country.
For additional information or to apply, please contact Jane Hensley, RN, BSN, Physician Recruiter, at (330) 375-6207 or by e-mail HensleyJe@summa-health.org or mail at 525 E. Market Street, Akron, Ohio 44309.
We are an EOE M/F/D/V and Smoke/Drug Free workplace.