Urology Program Director
Akron, Ohio based Summa Health System seeks a visionary physician leader to guide the development of the urologic services program across the system’s five-county service area in Northeast Ohio.
Summa Health System is an integrated healthcare delivery system encompassing:
- Seven owned, affiliate and joint venture hospitals.
- A regional network of ambulatory centers.
- A network of more than 1,200 physicians.
- A foundation.
- Robust research and innovation endeavors.
- 10,000 employees, nurses and healthcare professionals.
The selected candidate will have clinical and administrative duties and will develop the urologic services program with a focus on urologic oncology, prostate disease, endourologic/stone disease, and urogynecologic disease in collaboration with the women’s health services institute. The candidate also will provide administrative and teaching support for Summa Health System’s urology residency program.
This position offers opportunities for:
- Comprehensive benefits and compensation package.
- Active involvement in medical student and resident education. Academic appointment at Northeast Ohio Medical University is available and commensurate with experience.
- Research and innovation through Summa Health System and collaborative efforts with local universities and Austen BioInnovation Institute of Akron.
- State of Ohio medical licensure.
- Board certification in urology.
- Advanced education in business, public health or healthcare administration (preferred).
- Experience in a leadership or management role at a progressive health system (preferred).
Northeast Ohio is the perfect place if you want to live somewhere that has it all. Our region offers unsurpassed educational and world-class medical facilities, regional and national centers for the arts, top-notch entertainment and professional sports and is surrounded by an extensive array of scenic parks and lakes. Residents in Northeast Ohio also enjoy affordable housing, easily accessible roads and transportation services and an unparalleled quality of life at a cost-of-living well below that of other major metropolitan areas across the country.
For additional information, check out our website at www.summahealth.org. To apply, please contact Jane Hensley, RN, BSN, Physician Recruiter at (330) 375-6207, by e-mail email@example.com or mail at 525 E. Market Street, Akron, OH 44304.
We are an EOE M/F/D/V and Smoke/Drug Free Workplace.