Akron, Ohio based Summa Health System is seeking a board certified/board eligible vascular surgeon to join a well-established team of vascular surgeons serving Summit, Portage and Medina counties in Northeast Ohio. Summa is nationally renowned and consistently recognized for excellence in patient care and exceptional approaches to healthcare delivery.
Summa Health System is an Integrated Healthcare Delivery System that encompasses:
- Seven owned, affiliated and joint venture hospitals.
- A regional network of ambulatory centers.
- A network of over 1,200 physicians.
- A foundation.
- Robust research and innovation endeavors.
- 10,000 employees, nurses and healthcare professionals.
The selected candidate will become a member of Summa Physicians Inc. — a multi-specialty group of more than 270 physicians employed by Summa Health System — and will play a key role in the enhancement of surgical services for vascular disorders at Summa Barberton Hospital and Summa Wadsworth-Rittman Hospital.
This position offers opportunities for:
- Delivery of team-based care through Summa Cardiovascular Institute, a multi-disciplinary team of cardiac, vascular and cardiothoracic surgery physicians and the region’s largest cardiology group.
- Active involvement in medical student and resident education.
- Academic appointment at Northeast Ohio Medical University available and commensurate with experience.
- Research and innovation through collaborative efforts with local universities and Austen BioInnovation Institute of Akron.
- Shared call affording exceptional work-life balance.
Requirements include state of Ohio medical licensure and board certification in vascular surgery.
Northeast Ohio is the perfect place if you want to live somewhere that has it all. Our region offers unsurpassed educational and world-class medical facilities, regional and national centers for the arts, top-notch entertainment and professional sports and is surrounded by an extensive array of scenic parks and lakes. Residents in Northeast Ohio also enjoy affordable housing, easily accessible roads and transportation services and an unparalleled quality of life at a cost-of-living well below that of other major metropolitan areas across the country.
For additional information, check out our website at www.summahealth.org. To apply, please contact Jane Hensley, RN, BSN, Physician Recruiter at 330-375-6207, by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or mail at 525 E. Market Street, Akron, OH 44304.
We are an EOE M/F/D/V and Smoke/Drug Free Workplace.