Akron, Ohio based Summa Health System is seeking board certified/board eligible psychiatrists. Summa is nationally renowned and consistently recognized for excellence in patient care and exceptional approaches to healthcare delivery.
The selected candidates will join a well-established team of 33 clinicians that includes psychiatrists, psychologists, advance practice nurses, licensed independent social workers and addiction medicine physicians. Opportunities exist in the following areas: inpatient and/or outpatient clinical services, consultation liaison and telepsychiatry. Summa will match candidates’ needs and talents with the most compatible treatment venues.
In addition to inpatient clinical services (89 beds throughout four units including a dedicated geriatric psychiatry unit) and IOP programs, Summa Health System’s Center for Behavioral Healthcare offers specialized programming including:
- Center for the Treatment and Study of Traumatic Stress.
- Ignatia Hall Intensive Outpatient Addiction and Opiate Treatment Programs.
- Center for Sexual Health.
- Behavioral health integration with service lines such as cardiology, bariatric surgery, oncology and senior health as well as primary care and internal medicine.
The selected candidates will become a member of Summa Physicians Inc., a multi-specialty group of more than 270 physicians employed by Summa Health System.
This position offers:
- A comprehensive salary and benefit package.
- Active involvement in medical student and resident education.
- Academic appointment at Northeast Ohio Medical University commensurate with experience.
- Research initiatives available through Summa Health System and collaborative efforts with local universities and Austen BioInnovation Institute of Akron.
Requirements include state of Ohio medical licensure and board eligibility or board certification in psychiatry.
Northeast Ohio is the perfect place if you want to live somewhere that has it all. Our region offers unsurpassed educational and world-class medical facilities, regional and national centers for the arts, top-notch entertainment and professional sports and is surrounded by an extensive array of scenic parks and lakes. Residents in Northeast Ohio also enjoy affordable housing, easily accessible roads and transportation services and an unparalleled quality of life at a cost-of-living well below that of other major metropolitan areas across the country.
For additional information, check out our website at www.summahealth.org. To apply, please contact Jane Hensley, RN, BSN, Physician Recruiter at (330) 375-6207, by e-mail email@example.com, or mail at 525 E. Market Street, Akron, OH 44304
We are an EOE M/F/D/V and Smoke/Drug Free Workplace.