Trauma Surgery/Surgical Critical Care
Akron, Ohio based Summa Health System is seeking a board certified/board eligible Trauma/Critical Care Surgeon. Summa is nationally renowned and consistently recognized for excellence in patient care and exceptional approaches to healthcare delivery.
Summa Akron City Hospital is an ACS verified, state of Ohio designated, Level 1 Trauma Center with:
- More than 1,500 annual adult trauma admissions.
- A newly renovated 85,000 square foot, state-of-the-art Emergency Department providing care to more than 82,000 patients each year.
- A 100-bed ICU critical care center.
- On-site rehabilitation care at Summa Rehab Hospital.
- A commitment to quality improvement through participation in Performance Improvement Patient Safety process and the Trauma Quality Improvement Program.
The selected candidate will be a member of Summa Physicians Inc., a multispecialty group of nearly 300 physicians, and will join a well-established team of trauma surgeons.
This position also offers opportunities for:
- Active involvement in medical student and resident education.
- Academic appointment at Northeast Ohio Medical University available and commensurate with experience.
- Research and innovation available through collaborative efforts with local universities and Austen BioInnovation Institute of Akron.
- The development of acute care surgical services.
Requirements include state of Ohio medical licensure and board eligibility or board certification in General Surgery and Surgical Critical Care.
For additional information check out our website at www.summahealth.org or to apply, please contact Jane Hensley, RN, BSN, Physician Recruiter at (234) 312-6021, by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail at 525 E. Market Street, Akron, OH 44304.
About Summa Health System
Summa Health System is an Integrated Healthcare Delivery System that provides coordinated, value-based care across the continuum for the people and populations we serve. By integrating the resources of seven owned, affiliated and joint venture hospitals; a regional network of ambulatory centers; a network of more than 1,200 physicians; a foundation; robust research and innovation endeavors and over 10,000 employees, nurses and healthcare professionals, Summa is well positioned for success in the rapidly changing healthcare industry.
EOE/AA Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled.