Live, work and play in one of Ohio’s treasured communities, Akron, Ohio.
Our region is one of rich heritage and cultural diversity, offering a thriving business community, exceptional healthcare, nationally ranked universities and a multitude of entertainment options. Quickly emerging as the region’s premier destination to work, live, play, shop and dine, Akron has retain its hometown feel while offering the amenities of a major metropolis.
Akron is located approximately 35 miles south of Cleveland. It lies within a 500 mile radius of 42 major U.S. cities, where 57 percent of the country’s population and 60 percent of the country’s buying power can be found.
Our region is home to 26 Fortune 1,000 company headquarters, including: Goodyear, Lubrizol, J.M. Smucker, Progressive Insurance and Sherwin Williams. Northeast Ohio also is a national leader in polymer and liquid crystal research and development.
Often described as a city within a park, Akron also offers a thriving park system and is the gateway to a national park, trails and greenways, providing endless opportunities for complete wellness.
This vibrant area would not be complete without its wealth of entertainment venues. You can experience a variety of productions, films and concerts at local theatres. Fine dining, live entertainment, professional dance and world-class orchestras provide countless opportunities for cultural pursuits.
The greater Akron area can be a welcoming environment for every lifestyle. Whether you’re a city dweller or suburbanite, a sports enthusiast or artist, you can make your home in one of America’s most affordable metro areas.
Outdoor parks, activities and entertainment for each season:
- Akron Zoo
- Boston Mills/Brandywine Ski Resort
- Cedar Point Amusement Park
- Cleveland Zoo
- Cuyahoga Valley National Park
- F.A. Seiberling Nature Realm
- Lock 3 (live music and entertainment park)
- Ohio and Erie Canal Towpath Trail
- Portage Lakes
- Stan Hywet Hall & Gardens
- Summit County Metro Parks
- Biking, hiking and camping sites.
Institutes of Higher Education:
- Baldwin-Wallace College
- Case Western Reserve University
- Cleveland Institute of Art
- Cleveland Institute of Music
- Cleveland State University
- John Carroll University
- Notre Dame College of Ohio
- Ursuline College
- Hiram College
- Kent State University
- Northeast Ohio Universities College of Medicine
- Malone College
- University of Mount Union
- Walsh University
Conveniently located airports:
- Cleveland Hopkins International Airport
- Akron Canton Regional Airport
Learn more about Akron by visiting the Greater Akron Chamber.