Geriatric Medicine – Director of Research
Summa Health System’s nationally recognized Institute for Seniors and Post Acute Services seeks a physician leader to serve dual roles as Director of Research of the Institute and Medical Director of Northeast Ohio Medical University’s (NEOMED) Office of Geriatrics. Akron-based Summa Health System has been named one of 99 best places to work in Northeast Ohio for nine consecutive years by the Employers Resource Council (ERC).
The selected candidate will:
• Guide the overall medical direction and leadership of the research agenda for the Institute
• Promote and coordinate research and educational activities with NEOMED’s Office of Geriatric Medicine.
• Monitor and evaluate the quality of the Institute’s comprehensive programs in geriatric, palliative and transitional care research
• Practice with a well-established team of 10 board-certified geriatricians and 10 nurse practitioners providing care in multiple clinical settings, including outpatient geriatric assessments, inpatient consult and teaching service, Acute Care for Elders (ACE) Unit, three skilled nursing home Geriatric Rehabilitation Units, teaching nursing home, and a physician house calls program
Requirements of the position include:
• Active faculty member in an accredited geriatric fellowship program
• Demonstrated geriatric expertise and educational/administrative experience
• Evidence of scholarly activity in research involving geriatrics and related fields as evidenced by publications in journals and grant submissions
• Proven track record of securing extramural funding from NIH, AHRQ or equivalent national agency
• ABIM certification in Geriatric Medicine or ABFM certification with a CAQ in Geriatric Medicine, and ability to obtain state of Ohio licensure
For additional information or to apply, please contact Jane Hensley, RN, BSN, Physician Recruiter, at (234) 312-6021 or by e-mail email@example.com or mail at 525 E. Market Street, Akron, OH 44309.
We are an EOE M/F/D/V and Smoke/Drug Free Workplace.