Summa Health System, based in Akron, Ohio, seeks a board certified/board eligible neurosurgeon to join the medical staff. Summa is nationally renowned and consistently recognized for excellence in patient care and exceptional approaches to healthcare delivery.
Summa Health System is an Integrated Healthcare Delivery System encompassing:
- Seven owned, affiliate and joint venture hospitals
- A regional network of ambulatory centers
- A network of more than 1,200 physicians
- A foundation
- Robust research and innovation endeavors
- 10,000 employees, nurses and healthcare professionals
The selected candidate will become a member of Summa Physicians Inc., a multi-specialty group of more than 300 physicians who are employed by and aligned with Summa Health System. The candidate will deliver comprehensive treatment for complex diseases of the brain, spine and peripheral nervous system at Summa Akron City Hospital, a Level 1 Trauma Center.
This position offers opportunities for:
- Supporting the expansion of Summa Health System’s neurosurgery program
- Research and innovation through Summa Health System and collaborative efforts with local universities and Austen BioInnovation Institute of Akron
- Active involvement in medical education. Academic appointment at Northeast Ohio Medical University is available and commensurate with experience.
- A comprehensive salary and benefits package
Requirements include state of Ohio medical licensure and board certification/board eligibility by the American Board of Neurological Surgery.
For additional information check out our website at www.summahealth.org or to apply, please contact Jane Hensley, RN, BSN, Physician Recruiter at (234) 312-6021 or by e-mail email@example.com or mail at 525 E. Market Street, Akron, OH 44304.
About Summa Health System
Summa Health System is an Integrated Healthcare Delivery System that provides coordinated, value-based care across the continuum for the people and populations we serve. By integrating the resources of seven owned, affiliated and joint venture hospitals; a regional network of ambulatory centers; a network of more than 1,200 physicians; a foundation; robust research and innovation endeavors and over 10,000 employees, nurses and healthcare professionals, Summa is well positioned for success in the rapidly changing healthcare industry.
EOE/AA Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled.