Providing a team-based approach to care
Successfully treating and managing an abnormal heart rhythm condition is a collaborative effort, requiring the skills and expertise of a multidisciplinary team to provide the support and expert care patients need.
Summa Cardiovascular Institute (SCVI) offers patients a comprehensive Heart Rhythm Services program staffed by specially trained electrophysiologists who can effectivelyprovide patients with a team-based, multidisciplinary approach, which includes:
- Board-certified radiology technicians
- Fellowship-trained heart rhythm specialists (electrophysiologists/interventional cardiologists)
- Heart rhythm specialists for device therapy options (pacemakers and defibrillators)
- Support from a dietitian and pharmacist in making changes to diet and managing medications
- A device clinic managed by nurse practitioners with specialized training in heart rhythm conditions
Our goal is to not only improve quality of life for our heart rhythm patients, but to also reduce ER visits, hospitalization and/or readmissions. We strive to also improve adherence to treatment regimens, including medications, diet, exercise and smoking cessation recommendations which can help reduce the risk of adverse events and complications associated with complex medication regimens.
As part of the Heart Rhythm Services program, SCVI specialists will screen for other conditions which often accompany heart rhythm conditions, including:
- Thyroid disease
- High blood pressure
- Sleep apnea
- Other cardiac conditions
To schedule an appointment, complete the appointment form on the right or call (888) 496-7168.