Summa Medical Services
Summa Health System provides coordinated, value-based medical services throughout Northeast Ohio. Our goal is to provide the best quality care at the right time in the right place for all patients.
Summa’s innovative treatment services encompass today’s most serious medical conditions. We invest nearly $10 million annually in research support for many areas including cardiology, cancer and women’s health.
- Behavioral Health (Mental Health). Summa’s Center for Behavioral Health Care offers a wide range of psychiatric and medical treatment services for patients with behavioral health needs. Our staff provides inpatient services and specialized outpatient services. One example of this specialized care is our Ignatia Hall Intensive Outpatient Program designed to help individuals who suffer from alcohol or chemical dependencies gain sobriety.
- Cancer (Oncology). Summa’s Cancer Centers combine the latest cancer treatment technology, medical specialists and personalized patient-centered care to create an environment focused on whole-person healing. You have access to advanced, comprehensive cancer services across a number of convenient centers located in Northeast Ohio. The Jean B. and Milton N. Cooper Cancer Center, located on the Summa Akron City Hospital campus, provides comprehensive and convenient care to patients by bringing all outpatient cancer services together under one roof. The center houses physician and support staff offices, a conference center and several cancer-related services including infusion therapy, radiation therapy, diagnostic imaging, clinical research, rehabilitation services and educational and support services. Dedicated specialists, which include a physical therapist, financial counselor, social worker, psychological counselor and patient care coordinators, are also located in the center.
- Cardiovascular (Heart Health). Summa’s Cardiovascular Institute is nationally-recognized for providing compassionate, patient-centered care. The multidisciplinary team is comprised of more than 50 cardiologists, cardiothoracic and vascular surgeons and is complemented by national and international clinical trials for the treatment and prevention of heart disease.
- Family Medicine (Primary Care). Summa’s Family Medicine team includes more than 50 board-certified family medicine physicians and advanced practice support staff who provide comprehensive primary care for the entire family from infants to seniors. With more than 20 primary care practices across Summit, Medina, Stark and Wayne counties, our team offers a full spectrum of care, including routine health screenings and long-term chronic disease management.
- Internal Medicine. Our Internal Medicine team includes more than 40 board-certified internal medicine physicians and advanced practice support staff as well as more than 15 primary care practices across Northeast Ohio. Our team offers a full spectrum of care, from routine health screenings to long-term chronic disease management.
- Seniors. Summa's Center for Senior Health provides information to assist with the care, resources and medical services an older loved one may need. We have the largest team in Northeast Ohio of board certified geriatricians and other staff with training in the care of older adults.
- Sports Health. Our specialists employ a team approach to sports medicine services; ensuring athletes are involved with education, injury prevention, diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation.
- Stroke Services (Neurosciences). Summa's Neuroscience Services team combines physicians and specialists in neurology, neurosurgery, pulmonary medicine and behavioral health to provide diagnostic and treatments for neurological and spine disorders including back pain, neuromuscular problems, multiple sclerosis, stroke, brain tumors and growths, aneurisms, balance problems and sleep disorders. Summa Akron City Hospital is a Certified Stroke Center.
- Women's Health (OB/GYN). Summa’s extensive Women’s Health Services include pelvic pain specialty center, urogynecological/incontinence care and the Institute for Minimally Invasive Therapeutics as well as a nationally published research agenda. In addition, obstetrics care has also been nationally recognized for quality and safety.