Summa Urgent Care’s mobile drug-free workplace program is designed to reduce the number of accidents in the workplace, thereby reducing the number of workers’ compensation claims.
Substance abusers are three to four times more likely to be involved in workplace accidents.
Drug abuse at the work site can cost 10% of annual payroll, estimating as high as $100 billion per year.
Drug and alcohol abuse in the workplace was once never talked about, but more and more companies are working hard to promote a substance-free environment that is safe for employees.
Mobile Drug-free Workplace Program
Summa Urgent Care, in collaboration with the Bureau of Workers’ Compensation (BWC) and Ohio Department of Alcohol and Drug Abuse Services (ODADAS), is working with eligible businesses to implement drug-free workplace programs. Our goal is to ensure businesses have access to a program that produces the highest results with the most savings to your workers’ compensation premiums.
As an approved provider, Summa Urgent Care’s mobile drug-free workplace program offers the most comprehensive program needed for businesses to meet BWC and ODADAS requirements and receive maximum discounts.
Our experience providing employers with on-site medical services via our mobile van gives us the ability to implement a program that works for you. We take clients through the entire process including drug recognition through creation of policies, training and testing.
Why Test for Drugs?
It’s the law. If you employ any person who must hold a commercial driver’s license (CDL) to operate a motor vehicle, the Department of Transportation (DOT) requires employers to randomly test CDL holders for alcohol and controlled substances.
Research compels it. Even if you are not under federal mandate, statistics about drug use in the workplace present compelling reasons to implement drug-testing and awareness programs:
- About 70% of illegal drug users are employed
- About 17% of all employed persons are drug users
- Each employee with a drug abuse problem costs his/her employer close to $7,000 per year
Summa Urgent Care’s mobile drug-free workplace program offers a comprehensive program that includes:
- Substance abuse testing. Summa Urgent Care along with a network of collection agencies provide employers with a substance abuse testing program that includes pre-employment, reasonable suspicion, post accident and random testing.
- Employee education. Summa Urgent Care’s employee and supervisor education focuses on everything from identifying the signs and symptoms of drug abuse in the workplace to reviewing your corporate policy and DOT regulations with employees.
- Random testing. Summa Urgent care provides complete management of a random testing program, from beginning to end.