Summa Health System Medical Libraries are located on Summa Akron City and Summa Barberton Campuses.
Both Libraries are affiliated with Northeast Ohio Medical University.
The website shared by the libraries is http://medlib.summahealth.org
Medical Library at Summa Akron City Hospital
The Summa Medical Library at Akron City Hospital serves employees of Akron City and St. Thomas Hospitals. The library is staffed 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Residents have 24/7 library access via badge swipe. A staff of two professional librarians is available to respond to your information needs. The library offers:
- Reading and studying space, study rooms on a first come first serve basis.
- Photocopy machine with fax and scan capabilities
- Computers with Internet access and printers
- Computers with access to clinical applications including Plato
- Request articles from journals the library does not own.
- Request assistance with literature searches
- Borrow books from our local collection
- Request books from other OhioLINK libraries
- Access Clinical Key
- View online journals
Medical Library at Summa Barberton Hospital
The Edward F. Morris, M.D. Medical Library at Summa Barberton Hospital is open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. A master's prepared librarian is available to assist with searches, interlibrary loans and other needs. The facility includes:
- Computers with Internet access and printer
- Photocopy machine
- Reading and study area
Here residents can:
- Order literature searches
- Order articles from almost any journal
- Borrow a book from our in-house collection
- Request a book from university and college libraries throughout Ohio
- Access our online journals, e-books, and databases (some of the online resources are accessible from home or office.)
Adjacent to the medical library is the Community Health Library, a branch of the Barberton Public Library. Here patients and their families can borrow books, videos, magazine, journals, pamphlets, and newsletters covering virtually any health-related topic. In addition, hospital employees and staff (including residents) utilize the library branch to borrow movies, fiction, and popular magazines.