Family Practice - Barberton
The Family Medicine Residency Program at Summa Barberton Hospital was established in 1982. It has grown to a strong, stable program of 18 residents, six per year. Over our history, we have graduated more than 100 physicians who have gone on to practice throughout the U.S. and the world.
Our residents enjoy extremely competitive salary and benefits packages, as well as day-to-day life in a family-oriented, suburban community. Our family medicine residency program provides:
- Competitive salary
- Educational Allowance (Utilized for CME, professional licensure, exams, etc.)
- Three weeks vacation per year
- Free meals and free parking
- Health Club Membership Allowance
- Flexible, supportive education in a pleasant suburban location, just a few miles from Akron, Ohio
The Family Medicine Residency Program at Summa Barberton Hospital is an important community asset. We are proud to be a teaching hospital, one of eight associated with the Northeast Ohio Medical University (NEOMED, formerly NEOUCOM). This nationally recognized program is unique in Northeast Ohio and attracts exceptional new doctors – the brightest and the best - who want to specialize in family medicine.