Substance Related Disorders
What is the treatment for substance abuse/chemical dependency?
An addiction medicine physician or qualified chemical dependency professional usually diagnoses substance abuse/dependence. Clinical findings often depend on the substance abused, the frequency of use, the length of time since last used, and the symptoms listed on the previous page.
Specific treatment for substance abuse/chemical dependence will be determined by your physician based on:
- your age, overall health, and medical history
- extent of the symptoms
- extent of the dependence
- type of substance(s) abused
- your tolerance for specific medications, procedures, or therapies
- expectations for the course of the condition
- your opinion or preference
Opiate, alcohol and other chemical dependency treatments are offered through the services of ourOpiate Treatment Program
andIgnatia Hall Detox Unit
. Click here
to contact us.