This outpatient educational program is designed to address the needs of individuals who do not meet diagnostic criteria for alcohol/drug dependency but have experienced some consequence(s) related to their alcohol/drug use. Program size is limited to a maximum of 12 individuals.
What is being offered?
The Insight program is a six-week program designed to provide individuals with the skills necessary to make informed choices regarding their use of drugs and/or alcohol and to assist in developing a personal prevention plan to avoid further problems. The program is held at Ignatia Hall Chemical Dependency Program at Mercy Medical Center. An initial assessment is required prior to starting the program. Initial assessments are usually covered by insurance.
Components of Treatment:
- Six 90-minute group sessions
- One 30-minute individual session
- One optional exit session (individual)
- Two random urine drug screens
- Recommended attendance at two support group meetings
- Correspondence to referral source if needed
- Effects of substance use on goals and values; change as a process
- Brain chemistry, disease concept, signs and symptoms, progression, denial and defenses
- Family systems, effects on relationships
- High risk behaviors, triggers/cravings
- Recovery tools, 12-step
- Prevention planning, self-contract
Summa Health System offers a full range of chemical dependency services including Detoxification, Assessment, Intensive Outpatient and Aftercare at Ignatia Hall at Summa St. Thomas Hospital. In addition to the Insight program, Assessment, Intensive Outpatient and Aftercare are offered at Ignatia Hall Chemical Dependency Program at Mercy Medical Center.
What is the cost of the program?
The program is a flat fee ($350.00) paid by the patient by the beginning of the program. Charges are not submitted to any insurance plans; however, individuals would receive an initial assessment. This assessment usually is covered by most insurance plans.
Individuals should contact (330) 489-1233 to schedule an appointment.