Did You Know About Summa's Cancer Services?
At Summa Health System, cancer treatment is more than simply treating a disease. Our physicians, nurses and support staff combine the latest technology and medical practices with compassion. The result is comprehensive, patient-centered care delivered in a way that promotes physical and personal healing.
Did you know the following about Summa’s cancer care program?
- Summa Health System has the largest cancer program in Summit County.
- High-quality, compassionate cancer care is offered at convenient locations throughout Northeast Ohio.
- We offer a comprehensive, multi-disciplined team-based approach to cancer care.
- Summa Health System has dedicated lung, breast and colorectal care coordinators.
- Patient follow-up is an essential part of recovery. At Summa, we do it for life.
- We provide cancer screening services including digital mammography for breast caner, colonoscopy for colorectal cancer and low-dose CT scans for lung cancer.
- Summa Health System offers more cancer focused clinical trials across more locations than any other cancer program in the area.
- The Parkview Center at Summa Barberton Hospital was the first in the area to become a nationally accredited breast cancer program.
- Summa Health System is a leader in stereotactic radiosurgery and biotherapy.
- We have minimally invasive surgery options including robotic surgery.
- Summa is the only care provider offering radiation oncology services in the City of Medina.
- Our physicians and staff emphasize compassion and a positive care experience.
- Multiple Summa hospitals are recognized for quality by the Commission on Cancer.