Our Cancer Treatments
Summa Cancer Institute is a leading comprehensive center at the forefront of cancer care. We fight complex, advanced stages of cancer every day with advanced, targeted treatment options based on the latest clinical guidelines.
Medical Services & Treatment
The foundation of Summa Cancer Institute is our talented specialists. They provide care in a multidisciplinary setting. Many of our physicians were born in Northeast Ohio and returned here after their training, becoming part of the community. They provide a level of personalized care that goes beyond clinical excellence. Our goal is to cure the cancer, if possible, while improving our patients’ quality of life.
Our care includes:
- Screening & Diagnostic Imaging. Advanced diagnostic technology including CAT scan, mammography, MRI, PET CT and ultrasound.
- Radiation Therapy. Leading radiation oncology specialists who deliver treatment with pinpoint accuracy that spares healthy tissue and organs.
- Chemotherapy. Experienced hematologists and medical oncologists who provide chemotherapy, immunotherapy, as well as other treatments.
- Surgery. Specialized cancer surgeons including breast surgeons, colorectal surgeons, cardiothoracic surgeons, minimally invasive surgeons and robotic surgeons.
- Patient & Family Services. Patient support programs and services focused on nutrition, mental health, pain and symptom management, home care, alternative medicines and support groups
Clinical Trials & Accreditation
We also are a national leader in research and clinical trials with more than 100 clinical trials available at one time. Our cancer specialists serve on committees for the National Cancer Institute, allowing Summa to offer groundbreaking treatments, even before they become standard. Summa has earned prestigious national accreditation and recognition from numerous national organizations, including American College of Surgeons’ Commission on Cancer, National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC), the American Society of Clinical Oncology and the American College of Radiology (ACR), among others.
Pathways to Wellness
At the Summa Cancer Institute, our goal is to ensure each patient experiences the highest quality of cancer care provided at Summa. Our Pathways to Wellness program is an important part of the Summa Cancer Institute treatment plan and is available to any patient or family member.
Our oncology services are available at locations throughout Northeast Ohio. No matter where you choose to access care within Summa Health System, our patients will be immediately directed to a cancer specialist at the Jean and Milton Cooper Cancer Center on the campus of Summa Akron City Hospital, Parkview Center at Summa Barberton Hospital, Summa Health Center at Lake Medina, or our offices at Summa Wadsworth-Rittman Hospital.