Non-Invasive Cardivascular Medicine
Non-Invasive Cardiology Care
Noninvasive cardiovascular medicine uses a variety of tests to record an image of the heart and see how the heart is functioning during both contraction and relaxation. These tests do not require catheters, tubes or needles to be inserted into the body. Instead, a combination of electronic sensors, pulse transducers, sonar devices, microphones and radioactive tracers are used to provide information to the cardiologist about how a patient’s heart is functioning.
The information derived from noninvasive tests can provide valuable information to your physician, including:
- Early discovery of heart disease before a patient has a cardiac event
- Detection of complications before symptoms appear
- Identification of patients who are at risk for a future heart attack
- Determination of the most effective dosage of drugs used in treatment
- Monitoring a patient’s progress during treatment
- Detect/treat possible complications before they become serious
Our non-invasive cardiology services include:
To learn more about Summa’s non-invasive cardiology services, or to schedule an appointment with our team, call (888) 219-9813.