Bachelor of Science from Baldwin-Wallace College (1989)
Master of Education from the University of Akron (1991)
I have been in the profession since 1991.
I have been at Summa since 2005.
- Planning Committee and Medical Administrator, LeBron James King for Kids Bike-a-thon 2005-2006
- Medical Administrator, LeBron James King of the Courts 2005
- Medical Administrator, Akron Roadrunner Marathon 2006
- AT for Gilmour Academy, Aurora High School and Lakeland Community College
- Cleveland Crunch exhibition game AT
- Keycorp Track Classic AT
- Frappier Acceleration Sports Training Program Administrator
- OATA Annual Meeting Student Workshop Presenter 2003
- OATA Annual Meeting Presenter 2004
- GLATA Annual Meeting Presenter 2005
- Presenter for various community outreach and injury prevention seminars 1991-present
- "Sports Medicine Column" writer for Warren Tribune 1999-2005
- OATA President Elect 2008-present
- OATA External Vice President 2003-2008
- GLATA Ohio Representative 2003-2008
- OATA CIC sub-committee chairperson 2001-2003
- OATA CIC sub-committee member 1999-2001
- Board of Certification Home Study Reviewer
- Summa Center for Sports Health Symposium Committee
- Summa Center for Sports Health Network Committee
- Summa Center for Sports Health AT Month Committee
- OATA Clinical/Professional Athletic Trainer of the Year 2003
- Baldwin-Wallace Athletic Hall of Fame
Why did you choose this as a career path?
A severe ankle injury in volleyball while in high school caused me to cross paths with an athletic trainer. I wanted to get back in time for tournaments, so my coach sought out a friend for me to rehabilitate my ankle with. Realizing that I will not play sports forever, I wanted a profession allowing me to stay involved with sports, help people and have fun…athletic training was a perfect fit.