Kyle S. Rutledge
Bachelor’s in Science in Athletic Training from Kent State University in 2006
Currently pursuing a Master’s degree in Exercise Physiology with a Concentration in Athletic Training at Kent State University.
I have been an Athletic Trainer since: August 2006
I have been with Summa Health System Since: 2011
Other Experiences in Athletic Training:
- Kent State University- Football and Baseball.
- Physical Therapy Institute and Aquatic Rehabilitation (West Palm Beach, FL)
- Royal Palm Beach High School (Royal Palm Beach, FL)
- Boynton Beach Community High School (Boynton Beach, FL)
- Midtown Rehabilitation and Aquatic Therapy/ Palm Beach Brain and Spine (Wellington, FL). Performing Aquatic rehabilitation for patients of a neurosurgeon
At Committees/Organizations Involved:
NATA member since 2004.
Why did you choose this as your career path:
My love of sports combined with my fascination of the human body me helped get me interested in the field of athletic training. After taking a sports medicine class my senior year of high school, I became very interested in the profession. I enjoy learning how the body heals itself and am fascinated how each injury is so uniquely different.
Your most memorable experience as an Athletic Trainer:
While working with the Kent State University baseball team, they won the Mid-American Conference tournament and went to the NCAA regionals. There was numerous draft picks on this team and one is currently pitching for the Chicago Cubs, which I helped rehabilitate an elbow injury he suffered while pitching.