Bachelor of Science in Education from Ashland University
Master of Arts in Physical Education w/ specialty in Athletic Training from Ashland University
I have been in the profession since 1979.
I have been at Summa since 1982.
- Assisted in providing medical coverage for the LeBron James King of the Courts 2005
- Volunteer ATC, Walsh HS 1982-1992
- Speaker for CYO coaches 1984-present
- Volunteer ATC, Hoban HS 1992
- Member CYO strategic planning committee
- Volunteer ATC, Garfield HS 1993-present
- Speaker Career Days, Akron schools
- ATC for Ohio Ballet Company 1984-present
- Sports Nutrition Speaker, area schools
- Volunteer ATC for Cleveland Marathon 1995-1996
- ATC for Alvin-Ailey Dancers when in Cleveland 1997
- ATC for Carousel Dinner Theatre Cast and Crew 1993-present
- Volunteer ATC for Akron Marathons 2003-present
- Volunteer ATC for Slam Dunk Contest, Warren, Ohio 1990
- Back-up coverage for Green HS, Springfield HS, and Revere HS sports
- Special Olympics Preliminaries Coverage, Ashland, Ohio 1977
- Volunteer ATC, Nordonia PeeWee Football 1990-1991
- ATC for many Akron area HS and recreational sports tournaments for Wrestling and Gymnastics 1982-1998
- Head ATC for Women’s National Lacrosse tournament 1982
- ATC for State of Ohio Police Olympics 1984-present
- Speaker at several state, district, and national ATC symposiums on reimbursement issues for ATs, gait analysis/orthotics and knee injuries.
- Speaker for Journeyman Electricians, "Care and Prevention of Injuries for Backs and Knees" 2003-2004
- Speaker for Akron Bicycle Club, "Common Injuries-Care/Prevention" 1985-1988
- Speaker for Dayton Hospitals/Sports Medicine Centers "Reimbursement Issues" 2001, 2004
- Speaker for numerous Summa Health-sponsored Sports Medicine Programs 1984-present
- OATA Clinical/Professional Athletic Trainer of the Year 1997
- OATA Hall of Fame 2004
- OATA Sub-chair for CIC Committee
- Member and current Ohio rep of RAG (reimbursement advisory group) for NATA
- NATA Liaison to the American Senior Fitness Association
- CYO Akron, member of the Strategic Planning Committee
- Summa/Akron Marathon Committee
- Ashland University Alumni Mentorship Committee
Why did you choose this as your career path?
I loved sports and was interested in medicine, and liked what this profession had to offer. It was also a young profession that I could be a part of developing.