Classes and Events
Pre-season Sports Physicals
Summa Center for Sports Health provides pre-participation sports physical screenings.
For an appointment, call (330) 745-8942 or (330) 379-5051, ext 2 or 4
Summa Center for Sports Health and the staff of Akron Marathon offer free seminars to educate runners on proper marathon training and preparation. Seminars include:
- Nutritional strategies for runners and food demonstration
- Final prep for the Akron Marathon
- Proper training and injury recognition and prevention
Register through the Akron Marathon.
Pupil Activity Permit / Coaches First Aid Classes
Who should attend:
- All Coaches and activity advisors (recreational thru high school) This class is approved by the Ohio Department of Education This class DOES NOT include CPR
- $15 pre-registration;
- $25 after deadline (see deadlines below)
- Summa PAV Consortium School Coaches – FREE BUT YOU MUST PRE-REGISTER! (Identify what school you are from when you register)
To register: call to register via credit card (330) 379-9229 or (800) 23-SUMMA. To register online, Register for Pupil Activity classes here.
Pre-registration means that the application and payment is RECEIVED prior to the deadline. Paying at the door constitutes late registration.