Summa Akron City Hospital Maternity Services
Summa Akron City Hospital
525 East Market Street
Akron, OH 44309
Every birth is special. We hope you choose Summa Akron City Hospital’s Birthing Center to welcome your special delivery into the world.
Our team’s goal is to provide the comfort, convenience and peace of mind you expect from one of the region’s safest places in which to give birth. With 24/7 house physician and anesthesia coverage, we’re ready to provide the support you need when you need it.
In an effort to further support a healthy beginning for you and your baby, Summa Akron City Hospital is pursuing a "Baby Friendly Hospital" designation. This is an international award given to hospitals that achieve the Ten Steps to Successful Breastfeeding. Read more about this initiative.
Thanks to the commitment of our nurses, we have achieved Magnet status at Summa Akron City Hospital. Magnet status is considered the "gold standard" of care, and only 7% of hospitals nationwide achieve this credentialing.
The Summa Akron City Hospital Birthing Center rooms feature:
- Private mother/baby rooms
- Ceramic-tiled showers (in suite)
- Hydrotherapy tubs (in unit)
- Convertible chair/sofa/bed (in suite)
- Gourmet dining (order from on-site restaurant)
The following birthing options are offered:
- Low-risk birthing room with little medical intervention
- Level III perinatal center for high-risk pregnancies
- Maternal-fetal diagnostic center
- Neonatal ICU staffed by Akron Children’s Hospital neonatologists and nurses
- Birthing balls
- Kangaroo care (skin-to-skin contact of mother/baby)
- On-site lactation specialist support
Support services offered at the Center include:
If you have additional questions, contact our Childbirth Specialist at (330) 375-3173.