What to Bring to the Hospital
Consider packing 2 bags: one for use during labor and delivery - the other for use after your baby is born.
In your “Labor and Delivery Bag”, include the following items:
Your “After Baby is Born” Bag should include:
- Your health insurance card
- 2 bed pillows
- A robe, slippers and socks
- Relaxation music – on CD, MP3 Player, etc.
- Lip balm
- Snacks for your support person
- Tennis balls in a sock
- Books, magazines or other items that help you pass time
- Focal point picture or object
- 2-3 nightgowns
- Going home clothes for you and the baby
- Toiletries for you and your coach
- Nursing bras
- Baby book
Please remember, you must have an infant car seat in order to take your baby home from the hospital.
Take a virtual tour of a Summa mother/baby unit.