Summa Physicians Inc
Show on Map
161 North Forge Street #G90
Akron, OH 44304
- Case Western Reserve University-Coll of Med
- Akron General Medical Center
- University of Arizona Medical Center
- University of Texas - M.D. Anderson Cancer Center
- Radiation oncology
- Radiation therapy
- Stereotactic body radiotherapy
- Stereotactic radiosurgery
Dr. Desai is from northeast Ohio and undertook his undergraduate and medical studies at Case Western Reserve University. After serving his residency at the University of Arizona Cancer Center, he wanted to return back home. He has co-authored research publications in a variety of cancer- and radiation-related topics. He enjoys rooting for Cleveland’s sports teams and spending time with his son and wife.
- Desai AB, Stoker JB, Wages CA, Zhu RX, Lee AK. Rectal Dose-Volume Differences for Scanning Proton Beam Therapy With or Without an Endorectal Balloon for the Treatment of Prostate Cancer. American Society of Clinical Oncology Genitourinary Cancers Symposium. 2013.
- Nguyen NP, Smith-Raymond L, Vinh-Hung V, Vos P, Davis R, Desai A, Sroka T, Abraham D, Krafft SP, Stevie M, Modarresifar H, Jo BH, Ceizyk M. Feasibility of Tomotherapy-based Image-Guided Radiotherapy to Reduce Aspiration Risk in Patients with Non-Laryngeal and Non-Pharyngeal Head and Neck Cancer. PLoS One. 2013; 8(3): e56290. PMID 23505414
- Szeja SS, Desai AB, Guillen JM, Stea B. Frameless Hypofractionated Stereotactic Radiation Therapy for Brain Metastases. American Society of Radiation Oncology 54th Annual Meeting. 2012.
- Szeja SS, Desai AB, Sroka T, Nguyen NP. Evaluation of Esophageal Cancer Outcomes in Native American Patients: An analysis of the Survival, Epidemiology, And End Result (SEER) Database. 2012 Chicago Multidisciplinary Symposium in Thoracic Oncology. 2012.
- Nguyen NP, Vos P, Vinh-Hung V, Ceizyk M, Smith-Raymond L, Stevie M, Slane B, Chi A, Desai A, Krafft SP, Jang S, Hamilton R, Karlsson U, Abraham D. Feasibility of Image-Guided Radiotherapy Based on Helical Tomotherapy to Reduce Contralateral Parotid Dose in Head and Neck Cancer. BMC Cancer. 2012. 12(1):175. PMID 22578076
- Desai AB, Kuske RR, Quiet CA, Guillen JM, Zannis V, Harrison N, O’Neill J, Walker L. Accelerated Partial Breast Irradiation with Brachytherapy for DCIS: A Cautionary Subset. American Society of Radiation Oncology 53rd Annual Meeting. 2011.
- Nguyen NP, Krafft SP, Vinh-Hung V, Vos P, Almeida F, Jang S, Ceizyk M, Desai A, Davis R, Hamilton R, Modarresifar H, Abraham D, Smith-Raymond L. Feasibility of Tomotherapy to Reduce Normal Lung and Cardiac Toxicity for Distal Esophageal Cancer Compared to Three-Dimensional Radiotherapy. Radiother Oncol. 2011. 101(3): 438-42. PMID 21908064
- Nguyen NP, Abraham D, Desai A, Betz M, Davis R, Sroka T, Chi A, Gelumbauskas S, Ceizyk M, Smith-Raymond L, Stevie M, Jang S, Hamilton R, Vinh-Hung V. Impact of Image-Guided Radiotherapy to Reduce Laryngeal Edema Following Treatment for Non-Laryngeal and Non-Hypopharyngeal Head and Neck Cancers. Oral Oncology. 2011. 47(9): 900-4. PMID 21724448
- Nguyen NP, Krafft SP, Vos P, Vinh-Hung V, Ceizyk, M, Jang S, Desai A, Abraham D, Ewell L, Watchman C, Hamilton R, Jo BH, Karlsson U, Smith-Raymond L. Feasibility of Tomotherapy for Graves’ Ophthalmopathy: Dosimetry Comparison with Conventional Radiotherapy. Strahlenther Onkol. 2011. 187(9): 568-74. PMID 21713392
- Desai AB, Gordon JD, Hamilton RJ, Guillen JM, Sanan A, Stea B. Frameless Stereotactic Radiosurgery: Outcomes for Trigeminal Neuralgia. American Society of Radiation Oncology 52nd Annual Meeting. 2010.
- Nguyen NP, Ceizyk M, Vos P, Vinh-Hung V, Davis R, Desai A, Abraham D, Krafft SP, Jang S, Watchman CJ, Ewell L, Hamilton R, Smith-Raymond L. Effectiveness of Image-Guided Radiotherapy for Laryngeal Sparing in Head and Neck Cancer. Oral Oncology. 2010. 46(4): 283-6. PMID 20188620
- Desai AB, Gordon JD, Hamilton RJ, Guillen JM, Sanan A, Stea B. Frameless Image-Guided Stereotactic Radiosurgery: Feasibility and Clinical Outcomes for Trigeminal Neuralgia. Novalis Circle 5th International Radiosurgery Conference. Munich, Germany. 2010.
- Videtic GM, Desai AB, Reddy C, Kalmadi S, Mekhail T. Daily Subcutaneous Amifostine Facilitates Radiation Dose Escalation for Poor Risk Unresectable Stage III Lung Cancer. American Society of Radiation Oncology 49th Annual Meeting. 2007.
- Yan T, Seo Y, Schupp JE, Zeng X, Desai AB, Kinsella TJ. Methoxyamine Potentiates Iododeoxyuridine-Induced Radiosensitization by Altering Cell Cycle Kinetics and Enhancing Senescence. Mol Cancer Therapeutics. 2006. 5(4):893-902. PMID 16648559
- Yan T, Desai AB, Jacobberger JW, Sramkoski RM, Loh T, Kinsella TJ. CHK1 and CHK2 are differentially involved in mismatch repair-mediated 6-thioguanine-induced cell-cycle checkpoint responses. Mol Cancer Therapeutics. 2004. 3(9): 1147-57. PMID 15367709
- Yan T, Berry SE, Desai AB, Kinsella TJ. DNA mismatch repair (MMR) mediates 6-thioguanine genotoxicity by introducing single-strand breaks to signal a G2-M arrest in MMR-proficient RKO cells. Clin Cancer Res. 2003. 9(6): 2327-34. PMID 12796402