Name of Research Program Director:
Michele L. McCarroll, PhD
Director of Research
Phone: 330-375-6119, Secretary Alicia Santee
The mission of the Summa Center for Women's Health Research is to improve care through discovery in the sciences that impact women's health and well-being and to increase the research portfolio in women's health within Summa Health System.
Specific Aims of the SCWHR
- Fostering research that explores determinants of health and disease with an emphasis on women
- Encouraging a multi-disciplinary collaborative approach to research
- Cultivate researchers with health care providers who understand gender specifics of health and disease and who embrace diversity.
- Facilitating the translation of basic research into clinical practice
- Becoming the authoritative resource for the region on women’s health issues and providing opportunities to engage women in advancing research.
The SCWHR supports the Summa Health System mission statement of the highest quality, compassionate care and contributing to a healthier community, and will also meet Summa’s vision of being recognized as one of the finest healthcare organizations in the country. Every aspect of the SCWHR is focused on servant leadership- serving the patient and those who do with careful concern for quality, team-based healthcare that is innovative and individualized to her gender and culture. For the young woman entering the hospital for the first time and experiencing a difficult delivery to her fight later with depression and pain, to when she faces cancer and tough end of life decisions, the SCWHR will make a positive difference in her care and outcomes.
Areas of Interest: