The Mission of the Clinical Nursing Research Program is to facilitate scholarly inquiry by nurses by providing resources to assist the nurses in research endeavors.
The foundation for nursing research endeavors is our Nursing Professional Practice Model, Care Beyond.
The purpose of the Clinical Nursing Research Program supports the mission, values, philosophies and strategic priorities of Summa Health System and the Department of Patient Care Services. Our Purpose is to:
- Provide research education and outreach
- Encourage scholarly activities
- Support collaboration
- Promote evidence-based practice
We provide assistance to:
- Summa nurses in all patient care areas- Ambulatory Health, Behavioral Health, Critical Care, Geriatrics, Health Services, Home Health, Hospice and Palliative Care, Medical-Surgical, Surgical Services, Women’s Health, Cardiovascular Services and Wound Care.
- Extramural nurse investigators-experienced and novice
The research education and outreach activities within the Clinical Nursing Research Program are:
- Nursing Research
- Nursing Research Committee
- Clinical Ladder Advancement Program
- Nursing Summations
- Nursing Scholarly Products Reports (2010, 2009, 2008)