Name of Research Program Director:
Michele L. McCarroll, Ph.D.
Director of Women's Health Research
Phone: 330-375-6119, Secretary Alicia Santee
The mission of the Summa Center for Women's Health Research is to improve care through discovery in the sciences that impact women's health and well-being.
Why: We believe if we can improve the way we deliver and provide healthcare through quality research, it will improve the lives of our women.
How: We strategically align ourselves with people that believe what we believe.
What: We conduct innovative research focused on quality to provide more healthcare opportunities for our patients.
Specific Aims of the SCWHR
- Foster research that explores determinants of health and disease with an emphasis on women
- Encourage a multi-disciplinary collaborative approach to research
- Cultivate researchers with health care providers who understand gender specifics of health and disease
- Facilitate the translation of research findings into clinical practice
- Lead others by providing expert consultation and providing opportunities to engage other healthcare providers caring for women
The SCWHR supports the Summa Health System mission statement of the highest quality, compassionate care and contributing to a healthier community, while meeting Summa’s vision of being recognized as one of the finest healthcare organizations in the country. Every aspect of the SCWHR is focused on servant leadership- serving the patient and those who do with careful concern for quality, team-based healthcare that is innovative and individualized to her gender and culture.