News Awards and Presentations
American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists 2013 Annual Clinical Meeting Presentations
Effects of a Robotic Specific Operating Room Checklist to Reduce Hospital Re-Utilization
Physician Scorecards to Improve Care and Promote Adherence to ACOG Guidelines
Outcomes after Implementation of a Hard Stop Policy Limiting Elective Delivery Prior to 39-Weeks
- Nock NL, Frasure H, Berger NA, von Gruenigen V. Physical Well Being Mediates the Association Between Body Mass Index and Depression in Endometrial Cancer Survivors: A Structural Equation Modeling Approach. American Society of Preventive Oncology (ASPO), 35th Annual Meeting, Las Vegas, NV, March 2011.
- Kenny TH, Nicodemo JM, Fenton BW, von Gruenigen VE. Does Quality “Bundling” improve Obstetrical Outcomes? A comparative study of elective inductions. American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, Washington, DC, April 2011.
- Fenton BW, Tabet M, von Gruenigen V. A feasibility and practicality evaluation of patient care checklists. American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, Washington, DC, April 2011.
- Wenzel L, Cella D, Donovan H, Donovan K, Walker J, Gaines M, von Gruenigen V, Penson R, Reeve B, Bruner D. Recommended Core Set of Patient-Reported Symptoms and Health-Related Quality of Life (HRQOL) Domains in Ovarian Cancer. ISOQOL, Washington, DC, October 2011.
- Nock NL, Frasure H, Dimitropoulos A, von Gruenigen V. Using Neuroimaging to Demonstrate Changes in Food Behavior in Obese Endometrial Cancer Survivors Enrolled in a Lifestyle Intervention. Obesity Society, 29th Annual Scientific Meeting, Orlando, FL, October, 2011.
- Does Quality “Bundling” Improve Obstetrical Outcomes? A Comparative Study of Elective Induction of Labor and Spontaneous Labor Susan Sorboro, MSN, RN; Master of Science in Nursing Thesis Independence University, Salt Lake City, Utah.
- A Feasibility Evaluation of a Standardized Gynecologic Surgery Checklist. Bradford Fenton MD, PhD, Muriel Tabet MD, Vivian von Gruenigen MD. Obstetrics and Gynecology, 2011 ACOG ACM
- Martin JL, Royal K, McCarroll ML, and Pohle-Krauza RJ. The Effects of Fluidotherapy® Exercise on Wrist Fractures. Fracture Rehabilitation Outcomes: A Pilot (Feasibility) Study. American Society of Hand Therapists. Nashville, TN. September, 2011.
- Dentler M, Pohle-Krauza RJ, McCarroll ML, and Krauza ML. Moderate to Severe REM (Rapid Eye Movement)- Related Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA) is Associated with Reduced Forced Inspiratory Vital Capacity (FIVC) in Female Bariatric Surgery Patients. Am J Respir Crit Care Med 183;2011:A6324.
- von Gruenigen VE. Complementing Medicine, Quality of Life and Palliative Care, Chapter 22. Gynecologic Oncology: Clinical Practice and Surgical Atlas. B Karlan editor. McGraw-Hill 2011, Chapter 22
INVITED LECTURES AND PRESENTATIONS
- von Gruenigen - Society of Gynecologic Oncologists (SGO) Annual meeting Course session Director and Speaker, Research Summit Co-Chair QoL. 2011
- von Gruenigen - “The End Stage Gynecologic Oncology Patient: Issues regarding Pain and Palliative Care” Society of Gynecologic Oncologists, Orlando Florida, March 2011
- von Gruenigen - “Ovarian Cancer Survivorship: Quality of life, complementary medicine, and lifestyle issues”, Gynecologic Cancer Foundation, Albuquerque, NM, April 2011
- von Gruenigen - Susan B. Anthony, Lunch with a Notable Woman, Akron, Ohio, June 2011
- von Gruenigen - “Endometrial Cancer Survivorship: What does weight have to do with it? Cleveland Clinic Medina Hospital Grand Rounds, Medina, Ohio, July 2011
- von Gruenigen - “Building Bridges: The Identification of Core Symptom and Health-related Quality of life Domains for use in Cancer Research.” National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD, September 2011
- von Gruenigen - “Summa Thinks Pink 2011: Starting the Conversation,” Summa Health System Employees, October 2011
- von Gruenigen - “Timing and Extent of Surgery in the Elderly.” International Society of Geriatric Oncology, Paris, France, November 4-5, 2011
- Fenton - Chronic pelvic pain: A multidimensional approach to the neurobiology and implications for novel treatments: University Hospital, Case Western Reserve University Medical Center, Cleveland OH, 2011
- Fenton - The neurobiology of chronic pelvic pain: Grand Rounds, NorthShore University Health System, Evanston, IL, 2011
- Ferris - Akron Beacon Journal Interview. January 4, 2011 “Devices Help Doctors Learn”.
- McCarroll - Results Presentation. Intuitive Surgical, Inc, manufacturers of the da Vinci® Surgical System. Clinical and Research Fellows Conference. Developing, validating and implementing a Robotic Operating Room Computerized Checklist (RORCC). Sunnyvale, CA. July, 2011.
- http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703300904576178691176871546.htmlvon Gruenigen - & Kenny - Wall Street Journal interview with Vivian von Gruenigen, MD and Tiffany Kenny, MSN, “Delivering Results.” Article published February 2011 (attached).* Online version
- Kenny - OB GYN News, June 2011, Add favorable cervix to bundle criteria. Additional online version at http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0CYD/is_6_46/ai_n57898443/
- Hutzler & Kenny - Healthcare Risk Management, interview with John Hutzler, MD, Chief of Obstetrics and Tiffany Kenny, MSN, on hard-stopping inappropriate obstetrical procedures, Sept 2011
- Kenny - Does Quality "Bundling" Improve Obstetrical Outcomes? A Comparative Study of Elective Inductions. Oral plenary presentation at the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists Annual Clinical Meeting, May 3, 2011
- Burkett - NBC television interview with Amy Burkett, MD on when to safety wait for a cesarean birth based on Consortium on Safe Labor study, Aired April 2011
- Doyle J. - Safety in Obstetrics: Recipes from Our Cookbook. Specialty Session Presentation, AWHONN National Convention, June 27, 2011