Meet Our Team
Summa Health System's Digestive Health team takes a comprehensive approach to the treatment of colon and rectal disease. From preventive screening -- like colonoscopies — to minimally invasive surgery, we are a leader in the area of gastrointestinal health.
Our Digestive Health team is comprised of gastroenterologists as well as colon and rectal surgeons.
Summa's gastroenterologists provide care to patients with many digestive disorders, some of which include:
- Acid reflux and ulcer disease
- Swallowing disorders
- Colon cancer and polyps
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Viral hepatitis, cirrhosis and other liver disease
- Gallbladder and pancreatic disease
- Celiac disease
In addition to our staff of gastroenterologists, we have Summit County’s only five board-certified colon and rectal surgeons practicing exclusively at Summa Health System hospitals.
Conditions treated by our colon and rectal surgeons include:
- Anorectal conditions: Fissures, fistulas, abscesses, hemorrhoids (internal, external)
- Colorectal cancer
- Fecal incontinence
- Inflammatory bowel disease (including Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis)
- Polyps (benign, malignant)
- Sphincter preservation (benign, malignant conditions)
Procedures performed by our colon and rectal surgeons include:
- Endoscopies (diagnostic, therapeutic)
- Restorative pouch surgery
- Surgical treatment of constipation
To discuss your gastrointestinal condition with a Summa physician, click or call (800) 237-8662.