Summa Support Services
Summa Health System’s Support Services provide a full range of supplementary care for injuries, surgeries or disease recovery and treatment. Our highly-trained professionals, including our highly regarding nursing staff, strive to focus on meeting the needs of the individual patient whether it is dialysis, infusions, imaging, lab services, pain management, rehabilitation, therapy, wound care, or patient education.
- Nursing. Through the commitment of our nurses who have consistently exceeded patients’ expectations, Summa Health System has achieved Magnet status at Summa Akron City and St. Thomas Hospitals and re-designated with Magnet status at Robinson Memorial Hospital, an affiliate of Summa Health System. Only 7% of hospitals nationwide earn this “gold standard” of care.
- Pain Management. The Center for Pain Medicine at Summa Western Reserve Hospital provides the latest innovations in comprehensive pain treatment. Our staff of specialists help patients conquer pain using traditional as well as non-traditional pain remedies and treatments.
- Pastoral Care. Our pastoral care program is led by an ordained chaplain who relies on the assistance of trained volunteers to meet the needs of our patients, their families and friends, and our employees.
- Pharmacy Services . Summa has a 24-hour medication dispensing operation, which serves as an experiential teaching site and internship site for all Ohio colleges of pharmacy.
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation. The Cardiac Pulmonary Rehabilitation team at Summa consists of highly skilled nurses, physicians, physical therapists, registered dietitians and exercise physiologists, who all work together to help cardiac patients recover more quickly and return to a healthy and productive life.
- Rehabilitation/Therapy. The Summa Rehab Hospital is a joint venture between Summa Health System and Vibra Healthcare. The freestanding facility is dedicated to inpatient rehabilitation offered by a multidisciplinary team comprised of physicians, nurses, physical, occupational, speech and recreational therapists and case management workers.
- Wound Care. The Advanced Wound Care program at Summa St. Thomas Hospital offers a supportive, patient-centered and team-based approach to wound management. By partnering with referring physicians, we assist patients with learning how to manage their condition and heal their wounds.