Register to Attend a Weight Loss Surgery Seminar
Attend a seminar and meet Summa Health System’s expert staff of bariatric/weight loss surgeons.
- John Zografakis, M.D., FACS, Medical Director
- Adrian Dan, M.D., FACS, Associate Director
- Mark Pozsgay, D.O
All three surgeons are fellowship trained in advanced laparoscopic and bariatric/weight loss surgery. They have performed more than 2,000 laparoscopic weight loss procedures with complication rates well below the national average.
Read patient success stories about their experience and journey through Summa's weight loss program.
Summa's Bariatric Care Center staff will be on hand to answer your questions about our comprehensive program, which includes careful evaluation of each patient, a standardized approach to surgery and post operative care, long-term follow up and support, and the compassion and personalized attention that you deserve.
Due to limited seating, advance registration is required. If you are NOT a current patient of the Summa Bariatric Care Center, reserve your seat by registering online or calling (888) 680-1341.
NOTE: All patients are required to attend a Weight Loss Surgery seminar or view a taped version of the seminar prior to their initial evaluation.
Weight Loss Surgery Seminar Schedule
All seminars begin at 6:00 p.m. and are located in Directions to Summa's Seminars in Akron, Ohio Professional Center South/ PODS unless otherwise noted.
Thursday, June 12, 2014 (Change of location for this seminar only - 95 Arch Street, 1st floor - Health Education Classroom A)
Thursday, July 10, 2014
Wednesday, August 13, 2014
Thursday, September 11, 2014
Wednesday, October 8, 2014
Thursday, November 13, 2014
Thursday, December 11, 2014
A taped version of the Weight Loss Surgery seminar is offered one to two mornings per month. Reservations are required to attend. For more information call (888) 680-1341.
- Staff are not available during the taped seminars for questions
- If you have questions after viewing the seminar, bring them to discuss at your initial evaluation
- South Parking Deck: Access from Arch Street or Adams Street.
- If parking on Garage Level 2 of the garage, take the walkway into the medical building, then take the office building elevators to the basement. Follow the signs to the Pods.
- If parked on other levels of the garage, take the parking deck elevators to the 2nd floor, then take the walkway to the South Medical Building. Take the elevators in the medical office building down to the basement and follow the signs to the PODS.
- Driving Directions