Behavioral Weight Loss Management Program
Summa Health Systems’ Bariatric Care Center now offers a behavioral weight
loss management program which focuses on your needs and helps you change your eating
As part of the program, all patients receive a plan for an individual eating behavior modification and will participate in:
- A behavioral evaluation by our psychologist to determine whether there are any underlying eating behaviors contributing to your weight problem. Our behavioral weight loss psychologists will help you identify triggers that lead to overeating and learn tools to cope with depression, anxiety or stress so you can change your eating
- A series of five intensive weight loss group sessions.
Our Behavioral Weight Loss Management Program provides a safe, supportive environment
that helps you recognize eating patterns and make behavior modifications to achieve
weight loss through a tailored and individualized approach.
Often a continuous cycle of overeating combined with diabetes, high blood pressure,
erratic emotions, a fast-paced stressful lifestyle and/or untreated depression can
be a major road block for those trying to lose a significant amount of weight. With
the right treatment and support at our Bariatric Care Center, you can lose weight
and change your eating habits.
Is this program for you?
If you answer yes to one or more of the following questions, our Behavioral Weight
Loss Management Program may be just the right solution for you:
How to enroll and get started on your journey to weight loss
- I am overweight.
- I am struggling in my efforts to lose weight.
- I am trying to make changes in my eating and exercise habits but I feel I need more
- I feel as though I often eat in response to my emotions.
- I feel that sometimes I eat large quantities of food and I am unable to stop. Eating.
- I struggle with depression or anxiety, and feel that it is related to my weight.
- I have other medical conditions caused by my weight. i.e., diabetes, high blood
pressure, obstructive sleep apnea, heartburn or reflux disease.
Meet the BehavioralWeight Loss Management Program team
- Call (330) 375-6590 to schedule an appointment for Summa’s
Behavioral Weight Loss Management Program. An information packet which includes
a food log and questionnaires will be mailed to you after your appointment is scheduled.
- Complete the information include in the packet. Fill in the questionnaires
and maintain a food log, recording everything you eat for 3 days prior to your appointment.
- Set-up an initial evaluation. Bring your questionnaires and
food log with you to your initial evaluation. This information will help you and
your psychologist recognize triggers that can contribute to overeating. The psychologist
will talk with you and review the information, then make recommendations about a
personalized treatment plan.