Same Day Surgery - Wadsworth-Rittman Hospital
Summa Wadsworth-Rittman Hospital's Ambulatory Surgery Unit (ASU) is dedicated to the care of same-day surgery patients. We provide our patients and their loved ones with individual attention and convenience in a relaxed, caring environment.
The Ambulatory Surgery Unit also provides pre- and post-procedural care for endoscopy patients, and pre- and post-procedural care for designated radiologic procedures.
Our Ambulatory Surgery Unit provides:
- Individual Attention
- Our specially trained and dedicated nurses provide individualized care based on each patient’s unique needs.
- Each of our patients receives detailed home-going instructions tailored to his or her specific needs so that recuperation can continue at home.
- The ASU is located on the first floor of the main hospital building.
- The ASU is open Monday through Friday.
- Patients who have Pre-Surgical Evaluation done at WRH will bypass the Registration Office on the day of surgery.
- Families are welcome to be with the patient before and after the surgery or procedure. We ask that the number of family members be limited to 2, though family members are permitted to alternate.
- A private consultation room is available for doctors to meet with family after surgery.
- A comfortable waiting area with free beverages is provided for families.
For more information about the Summa Wadsworth-Rittman Hospital's Same Day Surgery Unit, talk to your doctor or call (330) 331-1070 or 1 (800) 828-1789, extension 1070.