Cranial Neurosurgery Opportunity– Akron, OH
Summa Health Medical Group is seeking an additional physician to join our growing team of 2 experienced Neurosurgeons + 4 Advanced Practice Providers at the Summa Health Neurosciences Institute.
Summa Health Medical Group is a subsidiary of Summa Health System, which is comprised of 2 hospitals and over 20 health centers, making it one of the largest integrated Healthcare Delivery Systems in the state. The medical group has 400+ unified, high performing physicians, aligned to create a healthier Northeastern Ohio community.
- Board Certification/Board Eligibility in Neurosurgery
- Desire and ability to do general neurosurgery, with subspecialty interest such as neuro-oncology, epilepsy surgery, or skull-based surgery
- A current unrestricted license or the ability to obtain a license to practice medicine in Ohio
- Commitment to quality care in a patient centered, team-based environment
- Employed position offering competitive compensation, benefit package and incentives such as signing bonus, loan assistance, relocation, and CME allowance
- Large, established, referral base within the medical group, ACO and community partners
- Closed model ICU with dedicated neuro intensive care service, extensive laboratory and radiology services in-house
- Research and innovation, along with teaching opportunities available
- First hospital in OH to be awarded the Thrombectomy-Capable Stroke Center certification from The Joint Commission, in collaboration with the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association
- First hospital in the greater Akron region to be awarded the Comprehensive Stroke Center certification from The Joint Commission, in collaboration with the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association.
- Academic Appointment at Northeast Ohio Medical University is available to qualified applicants
- Epic System’s EMR
Rising from the rolling hills of the Western Reserve along the Ohio & Erie Canal, Akron is located within 500 miles of 42 major cities, and surrounded by thousands of acres of national parkland and countryside. As a thriving heartland city Akron provides an ideal living and working environment. The vitality of its people and the unparalleled quality of life offers versatility, a low cost of living, outstanding cultural access and a thriving climate for healthcare, education and business. The downtown hosts a vibrant arts scene and eclectic dining options. Northeast Ohio offers many quality primary and secondary education options.
EOE/AA Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
COVID-19 vaccine required for all Summa Health employees.