Hospice & Palliative Care – Akron, Ohio
Summa Health is seeking a board certified/board eligible Hospice & Palliative Care physician to join our employed physician group, Summa Health Medical Group. The selected candidate will become a member of Summa Health Medical Group, a multi-specialty group practice of 350+ physicians employed by the Summa Health System.
Summa Health – headquartered in Akron, Ohio – is one of the largest integrated Healthcare Delivery Systems in the state. With 2 hospitals and 20+ health centers, Summa Health provides access to care throughout the region.
- Board Certified or Board Eligible
- Current and unrestricted license in the State of Ohio, or willing to obtain
- Ability and willingness to work in a team environment. Team members include:
- Advanced Practice Nurses, Registered Nurses, Medical Assistants, Pastoral Care professionals, Clinical Psychologists, Dieticians, Social Workers, Pharmacists, and On-Site Coders
- Compassionate, caring demeanor with patients, families, and staff
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable in varying practice settings including the possibility of inpatient, outpatient or home-based palliative care and hospice care.
- Candidate will be part of one of the first programs in Ohio with Joint Commission certification in Advanced Palliative Care
- Team is comprised of 8 physicians and 8 APPS, dedicated RN, chaplain and SW support
- Employed position offering competitive compensation, benefit package and incentives such as signing bonus, loan assistance, relocation, and CME allowance
- Large, established, referral base within the medical group, ACO and community partners
- Partnership with community based hospice and includes care of GIP hospice patients as well as acute palliative inpatient unit within the hospital
- Call rotation 1:4
- Active involvement in medical student, resident and fellowship education
- Epic System EMR
Rising from the rolling hills of the Western Reserve along the Ohio & Erie Canal, Akron is located within 500 miles of 42 major cities, and surrounded by thousands of acres of national parkland and countryside. As a thriving heartland city Akron provides an ideal living and working environment. The vitality of its people and the unparalleled quality of life offers versatility, a low cost of living, outstanding cultural access and a thriving climate for healthcare, education and business. The downtown hosts a vibrant arts scene and eclectic dining options. Northeast Ohio offers many quality primary and secondary education options.
EOE/AA Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
COVID-19 vaccine required for all Summa Health employees.