Orthopedic Surgery - Hand and Upper Extremity – Akron, Ohio
Summa Health Medical Group is seeking a Board Certified/Board Eligible Hand Surgeon to join our rapidly growing employed Orthopedics team. We currently have 13 surgeons in all specialties, including 1 fellowship trained Hand and Upper Extremity surgeon, one plastic surgery/hand surgeon, and 8 Advanced Practice Providers. We are looking for a highly motivated and team oriented provider to focus on hand and elbow surgery, and work collaboratively to help advance our Orthopedic and Sports Medicine Institute to the next level.
Summa Health Medical Group is a multi-specialty group practice of 350+ physicians employed by the Summa Health System. Comprised of 2 hospitals and over 20 health centers, Summa Health is one of the largest integrated Healthcare Delivery Systems in the state. Our team has an efficient outpatient center and plans for additional Ambulatory Surgery Centers.
We are looking for an energetic fellowship trained hand and upper extremity surgeon to join our two current hand surgeons and APPs. We are looking for someone to serve our hand and elbow needs in our rapidly expanding practice. We offer a nice combination of trauma, elective and reconstructive cases. Shared call coverage is expected and compensated. Resident coverage of hospital patients is provided. Our volume will likely dictate a need to recruit an additional hand surgeon in a few years.
- Board Certified/Board Eligible in Orthopedic Surgery
- Fellowship in Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery
- Unrestricted Ohio licensure or willingness to obtain
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Commitment to quality care in a patient centered, team-based environment
- Employed position offering competitive compensation, benefit package and incentives such as sign on bonus, student loan assistance and relocation
- Active involvement in medical student, resident and fellow education. Summa Orthopedics is a privademic center with 4 residents per year and 2 primary care sports medicine fellows.
- Strong coordination of care between PCP, Pain Management, Rheumatology, Radiology, OR, physical/occupational therapy
- Epic System’s EMR
Rising from the rolling hills of the Western Reserve along the Ohio & Erie Canal, Akron is located within 500 miles of 42 major cities, and surrounded by thousands of acres of national parkland and countryside. As a thriving heartland city Akron provides an ideal living and working environment. The vitality of its people and the unparalleled quality of life offers versatility, a low cost of living, outstanding cultural access and a thriving climate for healthcare, education and business. The downtown hosts a vibrant arts scene and eclectic dining options. Northeast Ohio offers many quality primary and secondary education options.
EOE/AA Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
COVID-19 vaccine required for all Summa Health employees.