Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeon - Akron, Ohio
Summa Health Medical Group is seeking a Board Certified/Board Eligible Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon to join our rapidly growing employed Plastic Surgery team. We currently have 4 fellowship trained physicians covering all disciplines of Plastic Surgery as well as 1 Advanced Practice Provider. We are looking for a highly motivated and team-oriented Plastic and Reconstructive surgeons to work collaboratively to help advance our Plastic Surgery Division to the next level as we expand and grow. Trauma/ED call is shared with other plastic surgeons in the community, 3-4 calls a month.
Our program has an independent Plastic Surgery fellowship program, established in 2000, with 2 residents per year, a total of 6 residents. Scholarship activity include a weekly didactic conference, monthly journal club and a biannual cadaver lab. Summa Health values research, which is supported by a dedicated research department that collaborates closely with the Plastic Surgery Division.
Summa Health Medical Group is a multi-specialty group practice of 400+ physicians employed by the Summa Health System. Comprised of 3 hospitals and over 20 health centers, Summa Health is one of the largest integrated Healthcare Delivery Systems in the state. Our team has an efficient outpatient clinic and ambulatory surgery center offering the latest in equipment and instrumentation.
- Employed position offering competitive compensation, benefit package and incentives such as sign on bonus, student loan assistance and relocation
- Active involvement in medical student, resident and fellow education
- Research opportunities available
- Mixed practice, breast reconstruction, skin cancer reconstruction, extremity salvage, head and neck cancer reconstruction, lymphedema surgery and cosmetic surgery.
- Strong coordination of care between PCP, Breast surgeons, ENT surgeons, General and trauma surgeons, Radiology, OR
- Epic System’s EMR
- Board Certified/Board Eligible in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Fellowship in Microsurgery/Cosmetic is preferred yet not mandatory
- Unrestricted Ohio licensure or willingness to obtain
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Commitment to quality care in a patient centered, team-based environment
Summa Health is located in the Greater Akron area, a welcoming community rich in heritage and cultural diversity, offering big city amenities with a hometown feel in one of America’s most affordable metropolitan areas. More than 6,000 acres in the city are occupied by parks, and surrounding lakes and reservoirs and several golf courses afford recreation facilities; the southern limit of Cuyahoga Valley National Park is just north of the city. Residents have convenient access to a number of well-known recreational activities