Psychologist – Akron Physician Wellness Initiative
Summa Health System is seeking a Licensed Psychologist to assist in the provision of wellness services to physicians and advanced practice providers. Our growing practice is designed to deliver clinical services to physicians without fees, insurance billing, or systemic electronic medical record entries. The candidate will be responsible for providing direct clinical care (individual psychotherapy, group psychotherapy, and outreach programming) and promoting the availability of these services to residents, fellows, and medical staff departments at Summa Health and Akron Children’s Hospital. There will be opportunities to coordinate care with carefully selected psychiatrists who will also function as part of the treatment team. This service created and supported by both Summa Health System and Akron Children’s Hospital in response to the need for improving the utilization of high quality mental health services by physicians and advanced practice providers. This service is seen as the foundation of our physician wellness efforts.
The selected candidate will become a member of Summa Health Medical Group, a multi-specialty group practice of 350 plus physicians employed by Summa Health System. Summa Health, headquartered in Akron, Ohio is one of the largest integrated healthcare delivery systems in the State. With 2 hospitals and over 20 health centers, Summa provides access to care throughout the region.
- Doctorate degree (PhD or PsyD) in Clinical or Counseling Psychology from an APA accredited program.
- License to practice in Ohio or ability to obtain.
- Flexible, team-oriented, high-energy, and excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Commitment to quality care, including timely and accurate clinical documentation.
- Detail-oriented, well organized, and self-directed. Ability to manage own clinical schedule and willingness to communicate with clients for this purpose is required.
- Experience in working with physicians or within healthcare systems, OR willingness to have additional training provided by our agency in the domain of physician wellness and healthcare systems.
- Employed position with comprehensive benefit package.
- Competitive compensation with salary guarantee (salary commensurate with experience and qualifications).
- Faculty appointment is available at the Northeast Ohio Medical University.
- Active collaboration with medical departments within Summa Health and Akron Children’s Hospital as well as Graduate Medical Education programs in both institutions.
- New state of the art Behavioral Health facility on Akron Campus, scheduled to open 2022.
- To learn more about Mental and Behavioral Health Services at Summa Health, please visit summahealth.org/behavioral.
Rising from the rolling hills of the Western Reserve along the Ohio & Erie Canal, Akron is located within 500 miles of 42 major cities, and surrounded by thousands of acres of national parkland and countryside. As a thriving heartland city Akron provides an ideal living and working environment. The vitality of its people and the unparalleled quality of life offers versatility, a low cost of living, outstanding cultural access and a thriving climate for healthcare, education and business. The downtown hosts a vibrant arts scene and eclectic dining options. Northeast Ohio offers many quality primary and secondary education options.
EOE/AA Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
COVID-19 vaccine required for all Summa Health employees.