Psychologist - Weight Management and Bariatric Medicine – Akron, Ohio
Summa Health is seeking a Psychologist passionate about Weight Management to join our employed physician group. The selected candidate will become a member of Summa Health Medical Group a multi-specialty group practice of 350+ physicians employed by the Summa Health System. Summa Health is one of the largest integrated Healthcare Delivery Systems in the state of Ohio.
- Provide integrated care within our comprehensive weight management program
- Provide individual and group psychotherapy with patients pursuing surgical and non-surgical weight loss goals
- Provide pre-surgical evaluation and clearance for pts presenting for metabolic weight loss surgery.
- Assist the team and patients by providing onsite consultation, education, and brief assessment to address patients’ both surgical and non-surgical behavioral health needs
- Work with obesity medicine specialists, bariatric surgeons, dieticians, nurses, and a comprehensive team of support staff to provide team based patient centered care
- Coordinate with community resources
- Doctorate degree (PhD or PsyD) in Clinical Psychology from an APA accredited program
- License to practice in Ohio or willingness to obtain
- Preferred candidate will have experience in weight management and/or health psychology, integrated care and/or providing psychological services to adults and adolescents.
- Employed position with comprehensive benefit package
- Competitive compensation with salary guarantee
- Academic appointment is available at the Northeast Ohio Medical University
- Monday-Friday schedule allowing for exceptional work/life balance
- Full time availability and flexibility to work at multiple locations along with some early evening hours
- Summa Health Behavioral Health Institute practices a patient-centered philosophy and is committed to meeting each patient’s mental health needs in a holistic manner
- Epic System’s EMR
Rising from the rolling hills of the Western Reserve along the Ohio & Erie Canal, Akron is located within 500 miles of 42 major cities, and surrounded by thousands of acres of national parkland and countryside. As a thriving heartland city Akron provides an ideal living and working environment. The vitality of its people and the unparalleled quality of life offers versatility, a low cost of living, outstanding cultural access and a thriving climate for healthcare, education and business. The downtown hosts a vibrant arts scene and eclectic dining options. Northeast Ohio offers many quality primary and secondary education options.
EOE/AA Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
COVID-19 vaccine required for all Summa Health employees.