Urgent Care Medical Director – Akron, Ohio
Summa Health is seeking Urgent Care Medical Director to join our employed physician group. The selected candidate will become a member of Summa Health Medical Group, a multi-specialty group practice of 400+ physicians employed by the Summa Health System. This is a remarkable opportunity to lead a team of physicians in a progressive team-based setting and oversee our five Urgent Care facilities in surrounding areas.
Summa Health – headquartered in Akron, Ohio – is one of the largest integrated Healthcare Delivery Systems in the state. With 2 hospitals and 20+ health centers, Summa Health provides access to care throughout the region.
- Employed leadership position offering competitive compensation, benefit package and incentives such as signing bonus, loan assistance, relocation, and CME allowance
- Large, established, referral base within the medical group, ACO and community partners
- Flexible schedule
- Opportunity for involvement in medical student, resident, and fellow education
- Epic System’s EMR
- Board Certified/Board Eligible - Family Medicine, Emergency Medicine
- Unrestricted Ohio License or willingness to obtain
- Willingness to be collaborating physician for nurse practitioners
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Commitment to quality care in a patient centered, team-based environment
Rising from the rolling hills of the Western Reserve along the Ohio & Erie Canal, Akron is located within 500 miles of 42 major cities, and surrounded by thousands of acres of national parkland and countryside. As a thriving heartland city Akron provides an ideal living and working environment. The vitality of its people and the unparalleled quality of life offers versatility, a low cost of living, outstanding cultural access and a thriving climate for healthcare, education and business. The downtown hosts a vibrant arts scene and eclectic dining options. Northeast Ohio offers many quality primary and secondary education options.
EOE/AA Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
COVID-19 vaccine required for all Summa Health employees.