Summa Health Senior Health Symposium
Application of the Age-Friendly 4 Ms Framework Across the Care Continuum
Please join staff members of Summa Health Complex Care Institute and other medical professionals for a day of discussion and inquiry. The Symposium will focus on the 4 Ms (Medication, Mobility, Mentation and Matters) of the Age-Friendly framework and why they matter in all settings. The symposium will include lectures, panel discussions as well as interaction with community partners. Attendance may be in-person or virtual via WebEx.
In collaboration with a HRSA Geriatric Workforce Enhancement Program (GWEP), this one-day symposium is designed for multidisciplinary care team members including physicians, advance practice providers, social workers, pharmacists, therapists, case workers and administrators who care for older adults in their practice.
Event Date / Time
Friday, October 13, 2023
8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Summa Health System— Akron Campus
55 Arch Street, Ground Floor
Akron, OH 44304
In-person and virtual options are available.
Registration is required for this event.
To register and pay, click here.
Deadline for live event registration is Friday, September 29, 2023.
If attending virtually, the registration deadline is October 12, 2023.
- $35 for live event (food/beverage provided)
- $20 for virtual
- 7:30 to 8 a.m. – Check-in, networking and breakfast (food/beverage provided)
- 8 a.m. – Introduction – Jennifer Drost, D.O., Summa Health
- 8:15 a.m. – Keynote Speaker – Lola Akintobi, Community Catalyst
- 9:30 a.m. – Introduction – Medication – Joe Marchiano, PharmD, Summa Health
- 10:00 a.m. – Introduction – Mobility – Amanda Harvan, CNP, Summa Health
- 10:30 a.m. – Introduction – Mentation – Bonnie Berman, Ohio Council on Cognitive Health and Deanna Horrigan, CNP, Summa Health
- 11:00 a.m. – Introduction – Matters – Kyle Yoder, D.O., Summa Health
- 11:30 a.m. – Lunch break and Community Resource Fair food/beverage provided
- 1:00 p.m. – Age-Friendly Community Initiatives – Sue Sigmon, Age-Friendly Akron
- 2:00 p.m. – Breakout Sessions – Advance Topics for 4 M’s (choose one)
- What Matters Most (virtual attendees will attend this option)
- Shannon Blower, Director, Summa Health Pastoral Care
- Dr. Rebecca Teagarden, DO, Medical Director Summa Complex Care Clinic, Chair Summa Ethics Committee
- Michele Hughes, MSN, RN , Direction Home, Summit and Stark County Area Agency on Aging
- Sue Fosnight, Lead Clinical Pharmacist, Summa Senior Health
- Dr. Stephanie Zaugg, Summa Health Internal Medicine Center
- Courtney Archer RN Care Manager, New Health Collaborative
- Dr. Natalie Kayani, Physician Summa Senior Services
- Dr. Mark McDowell, USACS Emergency Room Physician
- Dr. Randall McComb, Summa Health PGY2 Emergency Medicine
- Lorrie Warren, Summit County Probate Court
- Rebecca Hilty, Sr. PT Summa Health System
- Alexandra Carpenter, RN, MHA, BSA Summa Health System Trauma Program Coordinator
- Rochelle Sibbio, Habitat for Humanity
- 3:00 p.m. – Case/Panel Discussion – Moderated by Jennifer Drost, D.O., Summa Health and speakers
- 4:00 p.m. – Symposium Concludes
Continuing Education Credits
Summa Health System is accredited by the Ohio State Medical Association to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Summa Health System designates this live activity for a maximum of 7 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits ™. Physicians and nurses should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. The Ohio Physical Therapy Association (OPTA) has approved this course for 7 contact hours.
This webinar is supported by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) as part of an award [grant #U1QHP33073] totaling $3.7 million with 0 percentage financed with non-governmental sources. The contents are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the official views of, nor an endorsement, by HRSA, HHS or the U.S. Government.